top of page

Preguntas frecuentes

Consulte algunas de nuestras preguntas más comunes a continuación de estudiantes y familias anteriores. Si no puede encontrar la respuesta que busca, no dude en ponerse en contacto y le proporcionaremos la información que necesita.

  • Can my instructor cancel a training session?
    No. The only way to cancel appointments is by calling the main office at (732) 926-1341. If you cannot reach anyone, leave a message and it will be considered a valid cancellation.
  • What COVID Safety Precautions is Mr. Driving School taking?
    1. Walk-ins are not accepted! You must make an appointment to meet with our staff. 2. Everybody MUST wear a mask. Regardless of your vaccination status. 3. We are constantly disinfecting all of our vehicles and the office. Thank you all for your cooperation! Let's keep each other safe.
  • Is your school certified?
    Yes! We are properly licensed by the Division of Motor Vehicles in New Jersey. School License: DRS-000147.
  • What is a CDL?
    CDL stands for "Commercial Driver's License". The holder of this type of license is considered a professional driver and can drive vehicles according to their Class type.
  • Can my instructor schedule a training session?
    No. You must reach the corresponding Scheduling departments to make appointments. CDL Scheduling: (908) 922-0838 Auto Scheduling: (732) 529-4379
  • How do I cancel my training appointment?
    Cancellations of any appointment can be made by calling the main office at (732) 926-1341. If you cannot reach anyone, leave a message and it will be considered a valid cancellation.
  • Is there a penalty to cancel my training session?
    If a session is cancelled 48 hours in advance of the start time, it does not incur a penalty. Any session cancelled within 48 hours of the start time will only be rescheduled in case of an emergency or illness and will incur a fee of $30.
  • What is a CLP?
    CLP stands for "Commercial Learner's Permit". The CLP allows the holder to practice on a vehicle that corresponds to its class type.
  • What is an ETR?
    Examination Test Receipt. This is what is given to you when you buy the permit at an NJ MVC.
  • What is the DOT Exam?
    Department of Transportation Medical Exam. This is the physical required by NJ MVC in order to have a CLP and CDL. Only Medical Practitioners certified by the DOT are qualified to give you this physical. You can search for a certified examiner here.
  • How many CDL Class types do you teach?
    We teach: Class A Class B You can find more information about the different class types on our CDL page.
  • What written exams do I have to take?
    Class A: General Knowledge Air Brakes Combination Class B: General Knowledge Air Brakes
  • How long is the training?
    Assuming you already have your Commercial Learner's Permit, "Behind-the-Wheel" training can be completed in as little as two to three weeks. This, however, can vary. The training is dependant on your availability, the school's availability, and your package.
  • When can will my first lesson be?
    After you have received your Commercial Learner's Permit, you are able to start "Behind-the-Wheel" training in as little as 3-4 weeks.
  • What endorsements are available?
    Air Brakes (Mandatory for all licenses) Tanks (Optional for Class A) Hazardous Materials (Optional for Class A) Doubles & Triples (Optional for Class A)
  • I finished my 6 hours of training, when will I get my permit?"
    If you are 16 years old and just finished all of your training, the next step is for us take the Permit to the NJ MVC and validate that the student is ready to drive with an adult 21 years or older that has been licensed for at least 3 years.
  • Can you, as a school, get my permit for me?"
    If you are 16 years of age, we take care of the whole permit process through NJ MVC. If you are 17+ years of age, you must get the permit through the NJ MVC on your own.
  • Can I take the written test at your school?
    As per NJ MVC guidelines, only students 16 years old or younger can take the written test at a driving school. Any student 17 years or older must take the test at an NJ MVC facility.
  • When is your first available lesson?
    Assuming the student has their Driving Permit, the first lesson is usually about 3-4 weeks out.
  • Where can I make an appointment at the NJ MVC?
    You can schedule appointments with NJ MVC here.
  • There are no appointments on the NJ MVC scheduling page!
    If there are no available appointments, you can try logging in at 12:00 am any day and the new batch of appointments will be opened.
  • Can I just go straight to a facility without making an appointment?
    No. If you go to any NJ MVC facility without an appointment, they will turn you away.
  • Can I get my permit online?
    As of this moment, any CDL or Auto permits must be bought at the NJ MVC itself through an appointment. We will keep you updated if this changes.
  • Can your school get me an earlier appointment than available online?
    Unfortunately, the school is unable to speed up the appointment process.
  • What documents should I bring to my appointment?
    A good rule of thumb whenever you go to any NJ MVC is to always bring your 6 points of ID, proof of residency, and proof of SSN or ITIN. We have written the most common documents that re accepted. Keep in mind this is not a complete list. If you would like a complete list, click here. Please note, documents not written in English must be accompanied by a certified translation in English. 6 Points of ID 1 Primary document Birth Certificate (US or Foreign)- 4 points Passport (US or Foreign)- 4 points Driver's License (US or Foreign)- 4 points Military Photo ID- 4 points Permanent Resident Card- 4 points 1 Secondary document Driver's License (US or Foreign)- 3 points Non-driver ID- 3 points Marriage, civil union, or divorce certificate- 3 points School or College Photo ID card with transcript or school records (US or Foreign)- 3 points US Gov. Employee photo ID- 2 points SS Card with SSA Verification- 1 point High School diploma or GED (US or Foreign)- 1 point Bnk statement/record (cannot be used in conjunction with ATM card)- 1 point ATM Card- 1 point Employee ID with printed pay stub- 1 point 1 Proof of NJ Residency document NJ Driver's License/Non-driver ID Property tax bill Any correspondance from the IRS or state office within the past year Original unexpired lease or rental agreement Bank Statement If under 18, statement from parent or guardian certifying address of applicant Most recent Utility or Credit Card bill A deed or title to real property 1 Proof of SSN or ITIN document Social Security Card W-2 form (issued within the past year) Pay-stub (issued within the past year) IRS official document displaying the applicant's name and ITIN NJ income tax refund displaying the applicant's name and ITIN


¡Gracias por enviarnos!

bottom of page